What better way to get yourself in the Christmas spirit than with some good old baking. I thought I would give cookies ago with my new found egg substitute of half a mashed banana and have thoroughly been enjoying baking. I thought this are really quick and easy recipe to do on Christmas Eve for when your guests arrive or for breakfast on Boxing Day morning.
Ingredients: (makes 12-18)
half a banana, mashed
125g vegan butter
4 tsp almond milk
half an apple or a full one depending on the size (I used half of a Pink Lady)
100g brown sugar
125g caster sugar
225g of plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
a handful of crushed almonds
1. Preheat the oven to 180C or Gas Mark 4.
2. Whisk together the banana, butter and milk in a large bowl.
3. Mix together the brown sugar, caster sugar, plain flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
4. Slowly stir in the dry ingredients into the banana mix so it starts looking more like a dough. If you need to add a tiny bit more flour.
5. Mix in the apple pieces and almonds to the dough mixture, I found it easier to use my hands.
6. Roll out onto a floured surface and cut using cookie cutters.
7. Grease or line a baking tin or two ready for cooking.
8. Bake in the oven for 10 – 20 minutes depending on how you like your cookies. If you let them cool, they will go harder on the outside.
Nothing is better than a warm glass of almond milk with a cookie or two, watching a good old Christmas movie. Do you think you will try this recipe?