How often do you celebrate the little things in life? Of course, there are celebrations such as Father’s/Mother’s Day and Easter but what about the everyday things. Very rarely do we stop and just give ourselves a little pat on the back for achieving something which to many is rather insignificant but for yourself could be something a little bit bigger than that. Life is so busy for everyone; including me and you that sometimes you just gotta sit back and take some time to enjoy the little things.
Mark and I have had a rather turbulent relationship. We started talking across the internet during our final years at school. We bonded over our hatred for History lessons, music and other teenage things. Those MSN chats would last for hours and suddenly we found ourselves texting each other and Skype calling each other to the early hours of the morning, sorry mum and dad. On the 15th May 2009, we had our first phone call conversation and from then we just couldn’t stop talking to each other. Skip forward a few years and here we are, I have been in a fair few shit relationships in the past. Some I have shared on this little corner of the net and some that I’ve kept private. He has a clever little boy, one who I have fell in love with also.
As we go along this journey, I feel as though we should congratulate ourselves because no matter what life has thrown at us. Mark and I are together now and sometimes I have to pinch myself that I am not that teenage girl typing away behind a computer any more and that he is actually mine. We have life goals and things that we want to achieve together. I’m so proud of us. When Bakerdays asked if I would like to review one of their letterbox cakes, I knew it would be the perfect opportunity to celebrate being together with Mark.
Bakerdays are the creators of the letterbox cake. Based on the edge of Sherwood Forest, they deliver cakes across all over the UK. The best thing is that they fit through your letterbox, no more waiting for the following day to go and collect your parcel or having that awkward conversation with your neighbour. I didn’t really understand how it could fit through my letterbox but it did.
This is the Rainbow Swirl Cake. All the cakes can be personalised for any occasion. There are a variety of flavours to choose from including: chocolate, victoria, lemon drizzle, gluten free, wheat free or dairy free. There’s something for everyone. I went for the chocolate because that’s our favourite.
The cake arrived safe and sound enclosed in an adorable metal cake tin. It comes with a little tab for you to easily lift the cake out and slide onto a plate or cake stand. There was also a little card with it too – it’s the little things. The cake was delicious! It’s the perfect size for two people to share as well.
Bakerdays can also provide personalised cupcakes and balloons so you can plan the perfect celebration for any occasion. If you have something coming up that a cake would be perfect for (hint hint, Father’s Day) a Bakerdays cake is ideal. I have a 15% off code for you to use on the Bakerdays website. If you enter the code JULYJOURNAL15 at the checkout you will receive the discount. The code expires on the 31st May 2018.
Bakerdays have kindly offered my readers a chance to win a cake of their own. The winner will be able to select any design and choose the flavour they would like. Entires are via Rafflecopter below. The giveaway is open to the UK only and will close at midnight on Wednesday 30th May 2018. Full T&Cs are below.
Terms and Conditions
- The giveaway is UK only.
- Please only enter the giveaway if you plan on staying around. This giveaway is to say thank you to my lovely readers. People who follow and unfollow just for the giveaways make me upset.
- The giveaway will run from 2nd May 2018 until 30th May 2018
- The winner will be announced via Twitter.
- All entrants MUST follow The July Journal on Bloglovin, Twitter and Instagram.
- All entries will be checked and any false entries will be disqualified.
- The prize is one personalised cake from Bakerdays. The winner can choose which cake and flavour they would like. It will also include delivery from Bakerdays to a UK mainland address.
- The prize cannot be exchanged, swapped or refunded. It will be sent directly from Bakerdays therefore they will receive the winner’s name and address.
- The winner will be randomly selected via Rafflecopter. The winner will be notified via Twitter and through their email. If no reply has been received within 7 days from the initial contact another winner will be randomly selected.
Good luck to anyone who enters and thank you for supporting my blog. I love you all!
Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me!